Cervia - Milano Marittima
You choose it because it is the emblem of a holiday by the sea with the right mix of relaxation and hip activities:
- The afternoons spent shopping in the many designer boutiques of the town centre, strolling along the shady lanes of the Garden City and the evenings spent looking for that unique piece on the stalls of the stylish weekly markets;
- Cocktails in the evening choosing from the many trendy and popular street bars, a different one for every day of the week and for every mood;
- Endless thrills enjoying the nightlife in the most exclusive and glamorous clubs of the coast;
- Family strolls through the gardens styled by the best garden designers both local and from abroad, in the lush pine wood, at the Natural Park or enjoying the bright colours of the Butterflies House;
- Sport and well-being from beach games to golf, from tennis to horseracing, from sailing to canoeing and the the Spa in Cervia where you can pamper yourself with a massage, mud therapy or a dip in the pool of healthy sea water.
And all surrounded by beauty, care and the odd Art Noveau detail.
Cervia, the city of salt
It is the ancient city of salt: in the past it used to base its economy on fishnig and harvesting of salt yet nowadays has become a modern and wellcoming holiday town without compromising and by instead enhancing its origins and cultural background.
It is fascinating to walk through the old town or along the canal harbour to visit the Fishermen’s Neighbourhood with its colourful boats and the fish market, the old houses of the salt workers, the St. Michael’s Tower and the salt warehouses.
Coming back from a warm day at the beach you can enjoy a cocktail on one of the many bars along the canal listening to some good music while waiting for the sun to set with the pink salt pans on the horizon.
The ancient salt pans where Cervia’s famous “sweet” salt is still harvested and that are a natural reserve for many species of birds like seagulls and mallards. Though the true stars of this special environment are the pink flamingos that can be admired thanks to organzized tours on boat, by bicycle or walking.
And with your bicycle, but also walking, you can stack up km through the pine wood that runs all along Milano Marittima, Cervia, Pinarella and Tagliata.
Many the events that color the summer, countless opportunities that provide fun and entertaiment for everybody.